McGlothlin-Street Hall, Constructed 1993-1995
Dedicated on October 27, 1995, McGlothlin-Street Hall was first named Tercentenary Hall for William & Mary's 300th birthday celebration in 1993. Built at a cost of $9.5 million, the four-story structure occupies a site along the historic Sunken Garden and completed the 1925 master plan of buildings on "Old Campus". Situated across the Sunken Garden from Blair Hall, the building houses the Geology, Computer Science and Applied Sciences departments. It was the first new science building at William & Mary since William Barton Rogers Hall was completed in 1975.
In September 1997, Lady Margaret Thatcher, former Prime Minister of Great Britain and Chancellor of William & Mary, was the principal speaker at the rededication of the McGlothlin-Street Hall. The building was renamed to honor James McGlothlin (class of 1962, 1964), Chairman and CEO of The United Company of Bristol, Virginia, a former member of the Board of Visitors; and Nicholas Street, a member of the Board of Visitors.