The Randolph Complex, also known as the Randolph Residences, is a cluster of dormitories located east of the Commons on the campus of William & Mary. The dorms within the complex are varied in terms of their internal structure and include both dorm-style and apartment-style housing. The Randolph Complex houses upperclassmen and include the language houses.
The buildings in the complex are named for Virginia governors: Giles, Pleasants, Harrison, Page, Tazewell, Cabell, Nicholas, and Preston. The complex itself is named for the four Randolphs, all graduates of William & Mary, who served as governors of Virginia: Edmund Randolph (1753-1813), Beverly Randolph (1754-1797), Peyton Randolph (1779-1828), and Thomas Mann Randolph (1768-1828).
Construction of five of the buildings (four dormitories for housing 246 students and one building for activities) was completed in July 1980. In the same year, five sorority court houses underwent renovation and the women previously living in those houses occupied Giles and Pleasants for the first semester of the 1980-1981 academic year. The dedication ceremony for the Randolph Complex was held on October 11, 1980 at Tazewell House on Parents' Weekend. Two new dormitories, Nicholas and Preston, were built in 1988 to house 106 more students. In March 2005, an exhaust fan sparked a fire in Preston Hall and, as a result, some students began the next school year living at Colonial Williamsburg's Governor's Inn.