The Wendy and Emery Reves Center for International Studies, commonly known as the Reves Center, is home to the office of the Vice Provost for International Affairs, the Global Education Office, and the Office of International Students, Scholars, and Programs at William & Mary. Every year, the Reves Center helps more than 700 William & Mary students study abroad, supports William & Mary's international community, and provides scholarships. Additionally, a small number of students live in Reves Hall. This special housing is called the "Global Village" and is for international and domestic students with an interest in international affairs.
The building currently housing the Reves Center was built in 1916 as a dormitory called Tyler Hall, named in honor of William & Mary President Lyon Gardiner Tyler. In 1981, the administration decided against using Tyler as a dorm. Renovations to the building were deemed too expensive, and it was used for storage until 1985, when plans for the creation of an International House of Studies gave Tyler new life. In 1989, a $1.89 million renovation transformed the former Tyler Hall into the Wendy and Emery Reves Center for International Studies.
The present Tyler Hall, a different structure, is located along the north side of the Sunken Garden between James Blair Hall and Tucker Hall.