A statue featuring John Marshall and George Wythe is located at the main entrance to the William & Mary Law School. It was created by Gordon S. Kray, class of 1973, and was a gift of Robert Friend Boyd, class of 1950 and J.D. class of 1952, and Sara Miller Boyd, class of 1954. The statue was dedicated on October 7, 2000. Kray also created the bronze replica of the Botetourt statue currently on display in the Wren Yard.
George Wythe was a member of the Virginia House of Burgesses, member of the Continental Congress, signer of the Declaration of Independence, and William & Mary's first professor of law as well as the first professor of law in America. John Marshall studied law at William & Mary under the tutelage of George Wythe in 1780 and went on to be the fourth chief justice of the U.S. Supreme Court.