Hugh Jones Hall, commonly known as Jones Hall, is located on Ukrop Way between Small Hall and Morton Hall and houses the Office of Information Technology as well as the Math Department.

Jones Hall was constructed between 1968 and 1969 and opened for the 1969 summer session with 25 classrooms and 60,000 square feet of space. At the time of completion, Jones Hall housed the Computer Center in the basement, the Math Department on the first floor, philosophy and government departments on the second floor, and the business school on the third floor.

The academic building was named in honor of Rev. Hugh Jones, Professor of Natural Philosophy and Mathematics from 1717-1721, and was dedicated on Charter Day, February 7, 1970. The School of Education moved to Small Hall in 1976, replacing the Philosophy Department, and continued to occupy the building until June 2010, when it moved to its current location off Monticello Avenue.

Images

Map