Lodge 2 (The Daily Grind), Constructed 1947-1948

Lodge 2 was constructed in 1947 as one of 11 housing units for fraternities as William & Mary's male student population expanded dramatically following World War II. The Daily Grind coffee house is currently housed in Lodge 2 and opened in March of 2000. Located across from the Sadler Center, TheDaily Grind offers clientele a wide selection of coffee, tea, juice, smoothies, pastries and other foods prepared daily in-house using organic ingredients.

Images

Daily Grind, 2013

Daily Grind, 2013

Photograph of the exterior of the Daily Grind on the last day of classes for the 2013 spring semester. | Source: University Archives Photograph Collection, UA 8. | Creator: College of William and Mary. View File Details Page

Lodge 2, 1996

Lodge 2, 1996

An image of Lodge 2 in August of 1996, prior to its conversion in to the Daily Grind. | Source: University Archives Photograph Collection, UA 8. | Creator: College of William and Mary. View File Details Page

Daily Grind Coffee Shop, circa 2000

Daily Grind Coffee Shop, circa 2000

Photograph of the Daily Grind shortly before it opened, circa 2000. | Source: University Archives Photograph Collection. | Creator: College of William and Mary. View File Details Page

Daily Grind Interior, circa 2000

Daily Grind Interior, circa 2000

A shot of the interior of the Daily Grind circa 2000. | Source: University Archives Photograph Collection, UA 8. | Creator: College of William and Mary. View File Details Page

Cite this Page:

Special Collections Research Center, Swem Library, College of William and Mary., “Lodge 2 (The Daily Grind), Constructed 1947-1948,” TribeTrek, accessed July 24, 2017, http://tribetrek.wm.edu/items/show/29.
Tour navigation:  Previous | Tour Info | Next
comments powered by Disqus

Share this Story