Andrews Hall was named for Robert Andrews, who served as professor of fine arts, moral philosophy, and mathematics from 1777-1789. It is currently home to the Art & Art History Department and contains the Andrews Gallery, a ceramics studio, as well as lecture halls and offices for faculty. Andrews Hall is located behind Phi Beta Kappa Hall on New Campus and faces the main entrance of Earl Gregg Swem Library.
Construction on the building began in 1965, and it was dedicated during Charter Day on February 11, 1967. Andrews Hall frequently features student art on exhibition.