Millington Hall is located east of Swem Library and was named for John Millington, a professor of chemistry and natural philosophy from 1836-1848 and is the home of the Biology Department.
Construction began on Millington Hall in 1966 and was completed in 1968. There are three large wings of the building with an auditorium occupying one wing. The building also contains individual research labs for the faculty, a herbarium, six controlled-environment rooms, and a woodworking shop. The botanical lab was built on the roof of the building during the summer of 1969 and a greenhouse complex was added in 1970 to replace the old greenhouses at Tyler Hall and Washington Hall.
Millington Hall is due to be demolished in Fall 2016.